In this post, I will cover first 4 steps as mentioned here which are required to Install Identity & Access Management (OIM Topology) using Life Cycle Management Tools (IDMLCM). For info on IDMLCM, refer my blog here.
Step 1: Download Software Media
- Please refer here for DOWNLOAD Media. Once you have downloaded and unpacked, it will look like this.
Step 2: Install & Configure Database
- The Database installation is not automatic via IDMLCM utility but the software is included in the repository download. I am not covering steps for the same as there are already so many blogs for the same.
- Once the installation is finished, make sure to update the minimum required database parameters as recommended by IAM guide and restart database.
ALTER SYSTEM SET processes = 500 SCOPE = SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET open_cursors = 1600 SCOPE = SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET session_cached_cursors = 500 SCOPE = SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET session_max_open_files = 50 SCOPE = SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET sessions = 500 SCOPE = SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET sga_max_size=4294967296 SCOPE = SPFILE;
- Execute xaview.sql located at $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin to avoid a possible issue in future. More info here.
sqlplus / as sysdba SQL> @ xaview.sql
Step 3: Create Schema using RCU in Database
- RCU software for Schema creation is bundled in repository download media.
- Follow the below screenshots. They are self-explanatory.
- One thing to note here is that as a new feature of PS3, BI Publisher is exposed via OIM so that some of the identity reports can be run from OIM itself. As a result, along with OIM schema, BIP related schema also gets installed in database.
Step 4: Installation of IDMLCM utility.
The software for Life Cycle Management (LCM) Tools are bundled in Repository download. Follow below self-explanatory steps to install IDMLCM.
I will cover remaining steps in my next series of blog. Stay tuned.