IDMLCM (Life Cycle Management) tools is a utility provided by Oracle that can be used to install 3 different topologies of Identity & Access Management in single host environment. Its a boon for developer & non-administrators to easily create a IAM instance for demonstration or proof-of-concept purposes.
If you need any help with installation or configuration or you just want to get some hands-on latest version of Identity & Access Management, I will be glad to help.
- The software required for this can be downloaded from here. More information on this here.
- Once you download and unpack, you will end with a directory structure (under installer directory) that will contain all software required by IDMLCM tool to automatically deploy, patch, and upgrade Oracle Identity and Access Management. It also includes Java Development Kit (JDK), Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle HTTP Server, and Oracle SOA Suite etc. The installation binaries for IDMLCM are also present in this media. More information here.
- This single repository makes it very easy to be sure of correct prerequisite software before we begin the deployment process. It is totally different from standard, manual installation process.
- LCM tools supports THREE specific Oracle Identity and Access Management topologies.
- LCM Tools use the Environment Health Check Utility to verify that your system requirements before you deploy and to verify the environment after you deploy. I will cover about this in my later posts.
If you encounter any issues or need any help with Identity Management, feel free to contact me on Sumit@OraWorld.co.uk
I will be covering step-by-step instruction on HOWTO install IAM using IDMLCM.