Disconnected resources are targets for which there is no connector. Therefore, the provisioning fulfillment for disconnected resources is not automated, but manual. For example: Requesting a Desktop, Provisioning a Desktop to a user or Requesting a particular software in a Desktop. All these can be an example of Disconnected resources where in all the requests are being tracked by Oracle Identity Manager and on being requested, assigned to a relevant team ( IT Service Center in this eg) and once the request is fulfilled manually, they are considered and marked as Provisioned in OIM like other resources.
In this article, we will :-
a) Create a Application Instance for a Disconnected Resource so that end users can request for Entitlements.
b) Then we will create few Entitlement Values.
c) Customize the request form to hide 2 values that are created by default.
d) Update the Application instance to assign the request to Assest Management Team for Manual Fulfilment.
e) Login as End user and request for Disconnected Application.
f) Once the Disconnected Application Account is provisioned after necessary approval, we will do request for individual Entitlements.
1) As we will be doing some customization, lets create a Sandbox and Activate it.
2) Give relevant details.
3) Now Lets create an Application Instance
4) Make sure to tick on Disconnected Checkbox.
5) Save it and Wait for a while for the app instance to be created.
6) Ensure that the default form OraConsulting is now selected. Else from the dropdown select the form and Click on EDIT.
7) When a new Disconnected application is created, the wizard automatically adds key attributes such as Account Login and Password. This makes it easier in future to make it connected application.
8) Now navigate to the Child Objects sub tab > Click on Add. Lets add a multivalued attribute called Responsiblity and mark it as an Entitlement.
9) Click on the newly created object RESPONS to edit it. Under the Custom tab click on the Create New icon.
10) Select the LookUp option and click OK.
11) Give the appropriate values and make sure to mark it as Entitlement.
12) Now lets define a Lookup. This will be used to store valid values for Entitlement attribute we just created.
13) Click on the create icon in the box below, Lookup Codes. This will define few lookup code values.
14) Save and then Save and Close
15) Now we have defined a disconnected application, added an Entitlement and provided some values for Entitlement. At the top right corner, click on Back to Parent Object.
16) Once all the custom fields are created click on the Regenerate View button.
17) Make sure to keep the default option (Parent+Child Form). Click on the OK button in the popup window.
18) Now we need to publish the application instance OraConsulting we created to organizations so that user belonging to that organization can request it. In the OraConsulting tab click on the Organizations sub tab.
19) Revoke the Top Organization.
20) Navigate to the Entitlements tab. You will observer that there are no values present.
21) Go to Scheduled jobs and run Entitlement List job. Also, search for another job with name as Catalog Synchronization Job and run it.
22) Now refresh the screen to see that the entitlements have got populated in the Entitlements sub tab.
23) Now you can select each Entitlement and Edit them to add user-friendly description.
24) Close all the tabs and Publish our Sandbox to apply the changes/customization done by us.
25) Login to Identity console as sysadmin and search in Catalog for our Disconnected Application Account. Add Assest Management Role in Fullfilment role so that all the request gets assigned to Fullfilment team for manual completion.
26) Now lets do some Customizing of request form. Create a Sandbox.
27) Select the newly created Disconnected Application Instance.
28) Add to Cart.
29) Click on Checkout. The provisioning form appears.
30) Click Customize
31) Click on Edit in the confirmation dialog. Notice that the appropriate code is selected in the above frame. Uncheck Show Component checkbox.
32) Apply and OK.
33) Click on the Service Account checkbox. Notice that the appropriate code snippet is selected in the frame above.
34) Now Click on EDIT and Uncheck show Component as above.
35) Now Close on top right. You can observer above 2 fields are not showing in form now.
36) Now Publish our Sandbox.
37) Now we can try Requesting for Disconnected Resource. Log in as end user.
38) ADD to Cart
39) Now Checkout
40) Notice that the approval request has been assigned to his Manager. It depends on the rules configured for Disconnected Application Workflow. Details on that later.
41) Open a different browser and log in as the manager. Check the notification in INBOX. If email is configured, manager will receive a email for the notification as well.
42) Observe that the OraConsulting resource is in the Provisioning state.
43) Observer that a Manual Fulfillment task has been assigned to the xelsysadm.
44) Now log in as xelsysadm.
45) Click the Actions Menu and Select the Complete action from the Actions menu.
46) Now log back in and Observer that the status of the Account has changed from Provisioning to Provisioned.
47) Now that the user has an account he/she can request for an entitlement. Select Account and Click on Request Entitlement. Select any Entitlement and Checkout.
48) Provide any justification and Submit it. Refresh the request and check the status and make sure the request is approved and Completed by following steps and then Entitlement will be granted the user.