1) The Configuration File for the logs can be found at $DOMAIN_NAME/config/fmwconfig/servers/SERVER_NAME/logging .xml
2) Sample File
3) We can edit it manually or via EM
4) Log Handler is a way through which logger know where to write logs. i.e. file, console etc. Individual modules uses different loggers in the Java code. Each logger needs at least one Log Handler
5) Different Message types and levels are :-
|SNo.||Message Type and Levels||Description|
|1||INCIDENT_ERROR:1||A serious problem that may be caused by a bug in the product.|
|2||ERROR:1||A serious problem that requires immediate attention from the administrator and is not
caused by a bug in the product.
|3||WARNING:1||A potential problem that should be reviewed by the administrator.|
|4||NOTIFICATION:1||A major lifecycle event such as the activation or deactivation of a primary
sub-component or feature.
|5||NOTIFICATION:16||A finer level of granularity for reporting normal events.|
|6||TRACE:1||Trace or debug information for events that are meaningful to administrators, such as
public API entry or exit points.
|7||TRACE:16||Detailed trace or debug information.|
|8||TRACE:32||Very detailed trace or debug information. This is very helpful when we are debugging some issue.|
6) Oracle also provides an optional Diagnostic Dashboard – XIMDD which is not deployed by default. The ear file can be located at $OIM_ORACLE_HOME/server/webapp/optional/ which needs to be deployed to OIM Managed Servers. Follow below steps to deploy XIMDD application.
Click Finish on the next screen.
7) You can now access the Diagnostic Dashboard from the following location: http://OIM_server_host_ip:port/XIMDD
8) You can perform following Diagnostic Tests using XIMDD.
|S No.||Supported Diagnostic Tests|
|1||SPML Web Service|
|2||Test OWSM Setup|
|3||Test SPML to Oracle Identity Manager Request Invocation|
|4||SPML Attributes to Oracle Identity Manager Attributes|
|6||Diagnose Creation of User and Role in Oracle Identity Manager and
|7||Diagnose LDAP Reserve Container|
|8||Validate Recon Profile|
|9||Notification Configuration Test|
|10||Diagnose LDAP Connection|
|11||Diagnose OIM Callback Webservice|
|12||Data Encryption Key Verification|
|13||Scheduler Service Status|
|14||Remote Manager Status|
|15||JMS Messaging Verification|
|16||Target System SSL Trust Verification|
|17||Java VM System Properties Report|
|18||Oracle Identity Manager Libraries and Extensions Version Report|
|19||Oracle Identity Manager Libraries and Extensions Manifest Report|
|20||SOA-Oracle Identity Manager Configuration Check|
|21||Retry Failed Orchestration|
Lets do a sample test.