Provisioning is a process by which an action to create, modify, or delete user information in an external resource is initiated from Oracle Identity Manager and passed into the resource. In terms of data flow, provisioning provides an outward flow of user information from Oracle Identity Manager. The provisioning system communicates with the external resource and specifies changes to make to the user record residing in it. You can configure the following types of provisioning workflows:
– Provisioning users to organizations and roles: We normally provision a user to an organization or a role in an external resource.
– Creating and modifying custom attributes for provisioning: Apart from out of the box mapped attributes, we can add custom attributes which can be provisioned to external resource.
Reconciliation is a process by which an action to create, modify, or delete user information for a designated resource is initiated from another external resource. Oracle Identity Manager communicates with this external resource to receive user information. In terms of data flow, reconciliation provides an inward flow of user information into Oracle Identity Manager, through which it learns about any activity on the external resource.
You can configure the following types of reconciliation workflows:
– Authoritative reconciliation – In this external resource act as TRUSTED SOURCE that drives creation, modification and deletion of users in OIM.
– Partial reconciliation – By default, all resource-related user and organizational records added or modified in Oracle Identity Manager are reconciled for each reconciliation interval. But in this type, we customize the reconciliation workflow by using filters so that subset of added or modified records only needs to be reconciled.
– Batched reconciliation – If the no of records to be reconcilled are huge, then they can be divided in BATCHES. Attributes to configure for batched reconciliation include:
• StartRecord: Specifies the record number from which batched reconciliation must begin
• BatchSize: Specifies the number of records to be included in a batch
• NumberOfBatches: Specifies the total number of batches to be reconciled
If we do not want to use batched reconciliation, we can specify All Available as the value of this attribute.
– Reconciliation scheduled tasks : When we import a connector’s files, scheduled tasks for lookup fields and user reconciliation events are created automatically in OIM. These scheduled tasks can be configured forReconciliation.
– Custom attributes for reconciliation: Apart from out of the box mapped attributes, we can add custom attributed for Reconciliation.