This blog article covers Oracle Weblogic 12.2.1 installation using the Oracle Universal Installer.
There has been some changes in the directory structure in 12c, please go through this blog link for more details.
Here are the basic steps for installation –
- As a first step, unzip the FMW infrastructure jar file.
2. To start the installer in GUI mode, please ensure that java is installed and then run the following command :
3. On the Installation Inventory Setup page, specify the path for “oraInventory” directory.
4. Once the Installer page has started, click on next.
5. On the Auto Update page, select “Skip Auto Updates” and click next.
6. In the next screen, specify the “Oracle Home” location and click next.
7. In the Installation Type page- select “Fusion Middleware Infrastructure“ and click next.
8. On the next screen, there will be a prerequisite check done.
9. On the security updates screen, uncheck ” I wish to receive security updates via my Oracle Support”
10. Next screen will provide an installation summary. If you want, save the response file and click install.
11. You can see the installation progress on the next screen. Once, all the installation is completed, click ” Finish”
12. In the last screen , you can see all the components installed and installation location.
13. Cross – check the middleware directory to see if all the components are installed.