In this article, I will be showing the steps required for domain creation of Weblogic 12.2.1 server. Please check this link for the steps on installation and configuration of weblogic 12.2.1.
Once the weblogic is installed, follow the below mentioned steps for creating a domain:
1.Launch Configuration Wizard manually from oracle common by running ” config.sh “
2. Accept the “Create a new domain” option, enter the domain name at the end of the “Domain Location”, then click the Next.
3. Select the required template and click next.
4. Enter the administrator credentials and click the Next.
5. Select the domain mode and JDK details, then click the Next.
6. Select the Advanced configuration options like Admin server, Node manager and Managed servers and click Next.
7. Enter the Administration Server name and listen port and click Next.
8. Specify the Node Manager details in next screen. In the 12c , one can configure node manager per domain or any custom location.
9. Specify the Manager server names and listen port. Click Next.
10. Specify the cluster details and click next.
11. Add the Machine name and Node Manager Listen Port and click Next.
12.. Assign the Managed servers to the Machine.
13. If you have happy with the configuration summary, Click “Create”.
14. Next screen shows you the configuration progress.
15. Last screen shows you the details of the domain creation. click Finish.
16. Start the Weblogic server using startWebLogic.sh from Domain Home/bin.
17 .Enter the username and password when prompted.
18. The server status in Running Mode signifies that server is up and running.
This brings us to the end of domain creation. Hope this helps.